As mentioned earlier “content is king”. No matter how hard you work, if you do not have good quality, relevant content on your site you will not get large numbers of backlinks. Sites that have excessive sales pitches, poorly written content or no content will not receive backlinks no matter how hard you try.
Fortunately quality content is easy to come by! Quality content doesn’t have to be original—it just has to be good. Fresh articles, guest blog posts, links to online resources, free downloads, etc. can all be considered quality content if they offer good value to your site visitors. And these can all bring links to your site
Here are a few successful strategies for providing your visitors with excellent content and increasing your backlinks:
- Write your own original articles. If you are utilising article marketing, simply post your articles on your site and encourage visitors to link to them or post them on their own sites/blogs with a link to your website.
- Purchase and edit PLR content. Private Label Rights (PLR) content is an affordable and effective way to add new content to your site. Articles and reports can be purchased for a fraction of what it would cost to hire a writer and you can use them on your site as is or edit it to add your perspective, information specific to your audience and/or affiliate links.
Recommended: Easy PLR – A great resource for PLR on topics ranging from health, blogging, internet marketing, online business and much more.
- Hire a writer. If you have a very specific niche you can hire a writer (who knows your language well) and who will write original articles for you. The cost can be minimal and well worth it to get the back links to your site. We can provide this service for you at a very affordable price. Contact us with your requirements.
- Create free forms that your visitors can use. Ask them to link to the forms rather than reposting them, which will create backlinks and draw visitors who may be interested in what you have to offer. Do the same with puzzles, games or software. Anything that your target audience may be interested in can attract visitors and links.
- Proofread your site. Check for proper grammar, spelling, sentence structure, etc. It doesn’t have to be perfect because everyone makes mistakes. But it shouldn’t be filled with glaring or abundant errors either. Quality content that attracts links is as error-free as possible.
- Offer to review products on your site. This is a growing trend among bloggers, in particular. (Be sure to check disclosure laws!) But be honest. You don’t have to be harsh, but don’t write a glowing review for a product you don’t like—even if you received if free. Become known as the reviewer everyone can trust and you’ll quickly build links to your site by others in your niche.
- Submit your best content to authority sites. You can submit your best content to sites such as About.com or contact an Examiner in your niche and ask them to link to relevant pages on your site. Such authority sites will only continue to grow and having them link to you is a coup if you can pull it off.
- Continue to add new content. Often online marketers get caught up in the day-to-day operations of Internet Marketing that after awhile they neglect adding new articles or new resources to their sites, thereby letting the site become old and dated. Don’t let that be you!
Work continually to add, new quality content to your website and the backlinks that keep your site growing will continue as long as your site is online. There are a many ways to get others to link to your site, but creating quality content can bring in links quicker than almost anything else you can do for your link building efforts.
Learn more about building backlinks from a mom who built over 50,000 incoming links to one website in under 2.5 years.